Cam Shows

Cam Shows
Click the picture to get a cam show from me. Follow me on twitter @spoilhaydenhart for exact times.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Lost Review - Spoilers

The Lost was very disturbing.  This was not your basic slasher horror flick.  If you have a weak stomach I would skip this movie in your queue. I felt uncomfortable the entire time I was watching it.  It was like a horror flick with the feeling of thriller.  I felt like i was having an adrenaline rush during the final scene.  My stomach had butterflies and I desperately wanted all of the victims to escape with minimal injuries.  The main character was so psychologically manipulative that none of the victims tried to rush him and take control of the situation.  I don't really know why the movie was called The Lost, but I think it was because everyone lost in the end.  Not one character would have walked away from the final situation without having lost someone in their life. I gave this movie four stars because of emotional roller coaster I was feeling during the entire movie.  I would not watch it again.  I would say watch it if you are looking for a horror flick that is out of the norm.  Let me know what you thought about the movie
NEXT MOVIE MONDAY 8/22/2011  - Sukiyaki Western Django

4 comments:

  1. Your review is great. I have nothing to add except I agree with your opinion of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment contains some Spoilers.
    The Lost was a disturbing movie to say the least. I liked the way it played out almost like a documentary but I'm not a huge fan of serial killer movies although I've watched a few of them. This movie reminded me of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer but I liked The Lost more. However my favorite is The Silence of The Lambs. The actors were all good and the story felt very realistic. I had no sympathy for the killer even if I felt the film was trying to make me understand the killer's motives and see his point of view at times. My sympathy was with the victims and with the killer's friends who seemed to be afraid to stand up to him and at the same time went behind his back. I was hoping the girls would not have to die but if they hadn't it wouldn't have been much of a serial killer movie. The killings at the end made me feel very uneasy and almost sick. I guess that means the scenes were very well made as was the acting. The terror of the victims felt very real to me. Still I think this movie was a lot better than While She Was Out.
    A good choice. I would probably never have found it if not for this Movie Club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sukiyaki Western Django.

    A tribute to the "spaghetti" westerns of Sergio Leone and others working in the same tradition. Also an obvious tribute to Kurosawa and the samurai movies. Sort of a crossover between genres the movie is beautiful in terms of visuals. However it reminds me of a comic book in terms of characters and story.
    I wasn't surprised to see Quentin Tarantino involved in this movie. It is sort of a tribute to his style of moviemaking as well. My problem is I honestly don't like much of Tarantino's work except for True Romance and Natural Born Killers. It's no accident those movies were not directed by Tarantino but written by him. I like him as a screenwriter and can tolerate his acting but when he's both writing and directing I don't enjoy his movies. I have watched most of them and really try to enjoy them but I find them too shallow and empty. Being more surface than anything else. Sadly that is what I have against this movie too, even though its not directed by Tarantino. Sure the mix of genres, the story and the Japanese actors speaking English is entertaining and at times even fun but for me that's not enough. I can only give this one an average rating. However, once again I would probably not have watched it if not for the Movie Club. Once again a great selection :)

    ReplyDelete