Cam Shows

Cam Shows
Click the picture to get a cam show from me. Follow me on twitter @spoilhaydenhart for exact times.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Allergy Update

If you follow me on Twitter, you know about my medical emergency.  I decided to post a blog to fill you all in.  Two weeks ago the weather started cooling off.  I tend to get chapped lips in cold weather so I use Carmex to keep my lips from drying out during the season change.  It has always been my go to chap stick.  During these two weeks I noticed my lips were getting more and more dry so, I just thought I wasn't using enough Carmex.  I made sure I always had a thin layer of it on my lips to keep them moist.  It just didn't seem to be working.  Friday I applied the Carmex as usual and then my lips began to itch, swell, burn, and turn red.  I washed it off my lips as soon as the symptoms started.  My tongue started to swell up a bit and my saliva glands were non stop producing.  I knew what was happening.  I immediately went to urgent care.  The doctor told me it was a classic reaction.  He gave me some prednisone that I must take for a week.  The swelling has reduced to normal and I am able to eat solid foods again.  My lips are still damaged and dry and he said it would be couple of weeks for the skin to heal.

After I got home, I did a google search about the reaction to Carmex and many people experienced the same fate as me.  They were able to use it normally for years and then it just caused an ugly reaction.  Carmex adds salicylic acid to the original formula.  The original is the one I preferred to use.  The salicylic acid overdose from using so much could have caused the reaction but, my doctor said it was hard to say if that was the case.  I just know to stay clear of Carmex from now on.  I am well enough to do cam shows.  I will be seeing you all this week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment