Cam Shows

Cam Shows
Click the picture to get a cam show from me. Follow me on twitter @spoilhaydenhart for exact times.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Call 911

I posted on Twitter about my scare with medication recently.  I'm just now getting to writing the post.  I had a mild infection on my toe that has cleared up (good news).  The cuticle was mildly inflamed but it was pretty painful.  The dermatologist prescribed me an antibiotic for ten days.  I started have weird swelling on one side of my face a few days after I started taking it.  The nurse told me it was probably allergies and that should see my general practitioner.  She told me this since the swelling was only on one side of my face.  It was mostly around the eye area.  The swelling started to become more painful each day in my face but, my toe was getting better so I decided I would call my doctor to make an appointment about my face.  On the seventh day I woke up and took my medication like I had been doing all week.  I normally took it with apple sauce and glasses of water.  I noticed my heart started racing a few minutes after I took the medication.  I just figured it was normal and entering my blood stream.  Then my tongue started to swell but, I figured I was just imaging it.  Then I started salivating and I couldn't stop. O.O  I ran to the mirror and told my self if I can't curl my tongue then I must be having an allergic reaction.  I could not curl my tongue on the side that my face had been swelling all week.  WTF!  I called the pharmacy and they told to go the hospital.  Long story short the swelling I had all week was my body's first response to the medication to tell me I'm allergic.  The doctors and nurses told me it is normally bilateral swelling and that is why they dismissed me.  I'm lucky that it was only unilateral swelling because I was still able to breath.  I'm fine now.  My toe is feeling much better and I have follow up appointment with a different doctor.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment